Make or save a copy of your Linkedin Profile and Contacts
This is very short post on how to make or save a copy of your Linkedin profile and Contacts.
Backing up or having a copy of your social media profile and contacts are probably not something you think about.
This is a quick post to say: back it up or make or save a copy of your Linkedin profile somewhere.
I have been on Linkedin since 2006. It is the site that I always keep up-to-date. Now, because of that history, I have a lot of good information about my person and profession. I have collected recommendations over the years and a healthy network. It is the site I check daily. Out of all the social media profiles I have out there, this is the profile that I ensure is always current.
Last week as part of my normal routine, I checked my profile and I was alarmed that it was missing! That’s right, my profile picture and data were missing. I had a notification that suggested “ I should get started” indicating I was new to the network. This was clearly a bug in the system but that did not stop alarm bells going off in my head. I silently panicked, then went straight into action to retrieve my data. Here are a few tips on how to do that.
1. How to save a copy of your Linkedin profile
It is very easy. As shown in my above profile
- Just click on the “Edit Profile” button and a drop down dialogue window appears.
- Select “Export PDF”.
- A copy of a PDF version of your full profile will download to your computer.
That’s it! In fact you can export a PDF of profiles of your connections too. Just click on their “Send a Message” button on their profile. You will see the Export PDF option in the menu.
2. How to make a copy of your Linkedin Contacts
As shown above
- On your profile page, under your network tab select ” Contacts”.
- Now select “Settings” in the right-hand corner of your screen.
- In the column titled : Advanced Settings, click o the “Export Linkedin Connections” link.
- Now select your file of choice to save to your computer.
Let me know how you make out.