Why Corporate Blogs Are Important [INFOGRAPH]
I thought I would write a post on why corporate blogs are important, as I am perplexed when I still hear business leaders refer to blogs in distaste. Why is that?
If there is another option to connect with your customers, clients and/or prospects why would you not leverage that?
This post is for those leaders who still feel there is not any value in having a blog in the social space.
Here are the reasons why corporate blogs are important:
- CORPORATE BLOGGING INCREASES BRAND AWARENESS
• Blogging gives organisations a personality and a voice
• Blogs attract repeat visitors.
• Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%.
• 70% of consumers learn about a company through articles rather than ads
2. CORPORATE BLOGGING BUILDS RELATIONSHIPS
• 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs.
• 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site.
• Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media
3. CORPORATE BLOGGING INCREASES LEAD GENERATION
• Businesses with websites that have 401-1000 web pages get six times more leads than those with 51-100 pages.
• 69% of businesses attribute their lead generation success to blogging.
• B2B companies that blog more than 4 times a week, see the biggest increase in traffic and leads
• B2B marketers who use blogs, generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not.
• B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those that do not
• Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads
4. CORPORATE BLOGGING ENABLES CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
• Internet users in the US spend 3x more time on blogs than they do on email.
• 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
• 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day, have acquired a customer from their blog.
• 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
LAY OF THE LAND: BLOGGING IN NORTH AMERICA
• There are 164 million blogs online
• Over 120,000 new blogs are created every day.
•Only 15% of blogs are corporate
• Over 50% of all bloggers live in the USA
• 2% of bloggers are corporate bloggers
• 78% of companies that update their blogs daily have acquired a customer from their blog.
• 89% of companies that update their blogs multiple times a day have acquired a customer from their blog.
• Only 23% of Fortune 500 companies have a public blog.
If theses stats doesn’t convince you, I am not sure what will.
What are your thoughts? Are corporate blogs important?
Thank you for reading my scripts.
Download the entire Corporate Blogging Infograph here:
Please provide your name and email address for your free download.