A to Z on Corporate Blogging Tips [INFOGRAPH]
This list of A to Z Corporate Blogging Tips is a follow-up to my recent post: Why Corporate Blogs Are Important. I that post, I described the value of blogging. I this post, I would like to provide 26 simple tips to get you going with your business blog.
Here are my A to Z on Corporate Blogging Tips
- Define the audience and what they value.
- Is it internal, for your employees and organization? or
- Is it external, for customers and the general public?
- Define the boundaries of the blog.
- What’s in; what’s out.
- Have a calendar to develop and publish the blog’s content.
- A calendar supports consist publication of the content.
- Develop a social media and corporate blog policy.
- A blog is a conversation.
- It is not a monologue.
- It is not a lecture.
- Make the content interactive.
- Talk about what matters and what resonates with the audience.
- Make it easy to navigate, read and give feedback.
- Balance the content with fun!
- It is ok to be playful.
- Have a goal.
- Define the purpose of the blog.
- Make it human!
- Humanize the blog while remaining true to the brand.
- Involve the entire organization.
- Diversify the contributors and the content.
- Leave out the jargon.
- Keep it simple.
- Use straight talk.
- Be a teacher and educate your audience.
- Demonstrate the organizations thought leadership with the collective knowledge of the entire organization.
- Facilitate 360 learnings.
- Make it an opportunity for the audience to learn more about the organization and an opportunity for the organization to learn more about their audience.
- This is also an opportunity to listen.
- Continuously improve the performance of the blog by measuring.
- Measure engagement, visits, leads, conversions and more.
- Network with a variety of stakeholders.
- Use different content to attract a broad and diverse audience.
- Connect to different social network channels to promote, increase traffic and engage.
- Be open and authentic.
- Add photos to each post.
- Photos sets the mood and is invaluable in this experience economy.
- Blog post with photos often get more shares and traffic.
- Articles with images get 94% more views.
- Questions is a great way to develop content, add value and increase engagement.
- Use blogs to answer your customer questions.
- Use blogs to ask questions.
- Be responsive to your audience.
- Be consistent on how and when to respond.
- The best content are stories.
- Become a storyteller using different formats to tell that story.
- C-level managers must be sponsors or champions of the blogging effort.
- Corporate blogs are inclusive from the CEO to employees to outside contributors.
- Public facing blogs are universal.
- Visitors are global.
- Develop the content accordingly.
- Respond to comments accordingly.
- Add videos to the blog post.
- Videos are engaging and increase traffic.
- The word count of an average blog post is between 150 – 500 words.
- Ensure the quality of the content first. Then make it succinct.
- Have a cross media platform approach.
- Integrate the blogging effort across all media within the organization.
- Don’t work in silos.
- Showcase the personality of the organization and brand.
- Have face, voice and tone.
- Transform the organization from a structure to a person.
- Make it You
- Snooze not.
- If the above is incorporated, the corporate blog will create a buZZ.
- Disarm the snooze button.
- Always re-energize the blog with new ideas to maintain the interest.
Let me know if you have additional tips!
Get your free entire CORPORATE BLOGGING INFOGRAPH here:
Please provide your name and email address for your free download.